Calgary is an amazing place to visit or have your big day if you're looking for fun and memorable. With its stunning natural beauty, rich culture, and vibrant nightlife, there are plenty of reasons why you should visit. From the iconic Calgary Tower to the lively restaurants in downtown, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this vibrant city.
3 Reasons to Travel to Calgary
1) Big city feel while being close to nature - you can get the best of both worlds. Stay in the city and still be minutes from the mountains!
2) Lots of hidden gems - the Calgary food and coffee scene is laden with hidden gems that are just waiting for you to enjoy them. Think a coffee shop whose baristas have won multiple World Baristas Championships and a Japanese gastropub run by a finalist in Netflix’s cooking competition “The Final Table.” Maybe go for afternoon tea at a boutique-style restaurant or take in rooftop views while sipping on a smoky old fashioned.
3) There is something for everyone - whether you’re on a solo trip (?) or wrangling small children (Calgary Zoo), this city as something for every kind of traveler. If you’re adventurous (cold plunge) or you like to be pampered (SKA spa), there are options for you!
4 Reasons to Get Married in Calgary
1) venues - the variety of venue styles and price points makes Calgary an accessible place for anyone to get married
2) vendors - couples will not have any issues finding vendors they love. Calgary has so many amazing vendors to work with that work with all budgets and needs
3) affordability - out of many Canadian cities, Calgary is on the less expensive end for many costs related to events*
*note: this may not apply during peak times, such as during Stampede in July
4) market isn’t oversaturated - while there are some locations that are quite competitive, Calgary has options for everyone that are accessible to all couples, and it can be easier to find a venue and vendors that fit your vision and are available for your big day.
What are you waiting for? Pack your bags and come enjoy one of Canada's most beautiful cities!